Well I have been home jut over 2 weeks now and I am loving the English weather! From the mid 30's + high humidity to 0 degrees centigrade - quite a change but so much nicer - believe me!
I have put up some photos with various explainations so won't write too much here. Alex and I are half way through our time apart. He has been very busy with lots of paperwork for the vocational training school and a ground beaking ceremony (finally after 3 years) happening on the 24th Jan (for photos and a short video follow the link to Roxannes blog) in fact she is much more gifted that I am at keeping these things up so reading her pages will give you areally good idea of what life is like in coastal Tanzania!
Alex is now in his last week before leaving for Kenya for a conference with the rest of the team and some relaxation time, he flies home (horray) on 21st Feb landing at 5.20am (very inconsiderate)
I have loved my last 2 weeks, I get to wear proper maternity jeans (thanks mum) rather than holding my normal jeans together with elastic bands! I have had a great time catching up with friends and family in Guildford and Bristol, my lovely girlfriends in Bristol threw me my second baby shower so I am truely spoilt. I am living with my parents and brother at the moment as he has just handed in his masters dissertation, I don't think mum ever thought we would both be at home again, but we are all enjoying being together. I have also seen a midwife for the first time and with only 7 weeks to go it is not a moment too late, Everything is fine with the pregnancy and the baby so we praise God for that.
My gorgeous team girls threw me a surprise baby shower. Alex had managed to keep a secret, I was totally surprised!
The amazing food, consisted of BLT sandwiches (you have no idea how precious bacon is – thanks Rich) peach iced tea, tortilla baskets and proper cadburys chocolate – amazing – oh and chocolate cake with creamy icing for dessert!

A baby shower - complete with pressies – I am so spoilt

Lovely ladies

The Girls!

My last Sunday in Africa, one week later I had a lot more clothes on!
Megs (great friend who runs a volunteer program, Roxanne, me and Paula

The Last day
It was Paula’s birthday the following day so we threw her a little surprise birthday party – choccy cake and pressies! (This is our lounge)
The Official Team Photo
Back Row – Rich, Alex, Jason, Hans, Anneli
Front Row – Paula, Romi, Julie, Roxanne and Annikah, Doro, Nasia
(this photo is missing baby Joel)
No comments:
Post a Comment