Life is heating up!
So sorry for my laxness at keeping this up to date, I have started feeling full of energy and less sick in the last 3 weeks which is fab. Alex is pleased as well as he can at last start eating again as I can cook!
We had a great conference for fellow workers in East Africa last week it was a wonderful, refreshing and relaxing time and the speaker was a Brit so we got to speak our heart language rather than just American! We returned home to find the temperature was soring into the high 30's with about 85% humidity I know that you all having had a cold summer will have no sympathy for this but you are welcome to come visit and try it out for yourself!
A team update is needed at this point. We have Rich and Paula Osborn arrriving on Friday to join the work out here, we are so excited to see them, Paula was one of my beautiful bridesmaids.
We have LOVED getting to know Jason and Roxanne Engstrom in the last couple of months they are fab and Roxanne is a godsend for me as a great girlfriend!
The Andersen family will be moving on in mid Decemeber. After many many months of team struggles they felt it best to leave the team and our organisation has relocated them to Kenya. They will be hugely missed and we are sad that things didn't turn out as expected but in the long run it is a good thing for everyone involved.
Baby news - I think I have started to feel movement in the last week, very exciting, but I am not sure if i could really tell the difference between baby and tummy gurgles!
We have a 21 week scan booked for 10th Nov in Dar.
Next week Alex is being sent off to a conference in Dubai!! Alright for some. I will hold the fort here and some fun girlie things planned.
I think that is most of the news for now. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone when we are back for the birth in the new year.
Bye for now!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like you guys are settling in very well.
high 30C + 85% humidity - Not fun! Impossible to cool down!!
Have a few icicles from the cold snap we are currently having (-1c this morning in Bristol, with some places getting snow!! - in October!)
looking forward to seeing you in the new year.
Tim and Fi
Post a Comment